Pedro is an independent senior energy analyst since 2017.
He counts on a very comprehensive background of the energy industry after forty-years of dedication to oil, natural gas and LNG, electricity and renewable technologies, and writes about economics, regulation and geopolitics of energy.
He has cooperated with the European Commission in different programs related to the acquis communautaire for accessing countries and EU aid programs; he has also led specific studies and has been part of ad hoc consultancy committees.
Before becoming an energy, analyst Pedro has worked as:
- Of Counsel in the Madrid office of Andersen Tax & Legal law firm, 2013 to 2017.
- From 2009 to 2012, General Director of OME (Observatoire Méditerranéen de l’Energie) an association gathering the energy companies in the Mediterranean basin for the analysis of data and perspectives and their joint representation in front of energy authorities.
- Chairman of the International Gas Union’s Strategy Committee in the quadrennial 2006-2010.
- Director of international relations at Enagas and Gas Natural (Naturgy).
- Director of marketing at Repsol.
He had previously a ten-years’ experience in the commercial area of the automotive industry.
Pedro is member of some associations related to energy; he actively participates in discussion groups and frequently publishes in newspapers and industry magazines.